Work Experience: Responsibilities of the student

When engaging in any form of accredited work experience the student is expected to:

  • seek prior permission from the Programme Leader
  • complete the Work Experience Agreement Form and return the signed copy to the Student Office at least 3 weeks prior to the start date.
  • meet with the organisation in order to set up the work experience
  • act professionally and responsibly as a representative of the University
  • comply fully with all health and safety instructions of the organisation
  • take care of any ethical matters
  • manage your own learning within the agreed learning outcomes
  • record your progress and achievement for assessment
  • alert your tutor where there are problems that might prevent your progress
  • give feedback on the work experience organisation on your return
  • seek a meeting with your tutor on your return to debrief on your learning experience
  • if you leave the work placement partway through, or move to another work placement location, you must inform the Student Office and your tutor immediately

Students on a Tier 4 Visa

Students holding a Tier 4 Visa have additional work conditions, including taking prohibited employment or working more than their weekly working-hour restriction, this will be reported to the Home Office.

To seek advice on this, please contact the International Office or Careers in Hutton Hub.

To help us and you to comply with your conditions, we will need some additional information:

  • Before going out on placement the student must provide the Student Office with:
    • Full name and address of work placement including a phone number and email address
    • Name, telephone number and email address of supervisor
  • You MUST complete a ‘Tier 4 students going out on work placement’ form (available from the Student Office) and return to the Student Office 3 weeks before you start your placement.
  • You will be contacted by telephone at your place of work one week after starting your placement, and they will receive a monthly call from the school to your work phone number (not your personal mobile), as required by the Home Office.
Total 3 Votes

How can we improve this article? If you would like a reply, please provide your email address.

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?