Here to help all students and graduates with their career choices and professional journey to a successful career.
Finding a job or internship
Whether you’re looking for a graduate job or a placement you can search for jobs on Careerhub .
Also make sure you use our Creative Careers Resources pages to find other resources to help you find vacancies in the creative industries. Includes links to lists useful websites.
Your Linked In profile, other social media and networking
- Resources to help with all aspects of branding yourself on social media.
- One-to-one Linkedin profile reviews with a Careers Adviser (use the quick query appointments or drop-in service).
Your CV, cover letter, online application and personal statement
- CV Information and advice covering all aspects of writing a winning CV and cover letter.
- Application form/personal statement information and advice including top tips on targeting your personal statement and tackling tricky application form questions.
- Creative CV resources with tips and examples on writing a CV for jobs/placements in the creative industries.
- Get a one-to-one CV review with a Careers Adviser or Officer via our CV review/quick query appointments and drop-in service.
- Get a one-to-one application form/personal statement review with a Careers Adviser via our quick query appointments and drop-in service
- CV, cover letter and applications workshops/webinars are run regularly during term time and summer vacations.
Preparing for interviews
- Interview and assessment centre resources to help you prepare for all stages of the interview process
Setting up a business/freelancing
- Resources giving information and advice on all aspects of setting up a business or freelancing in the Creative Industries
- Mentoring and one-to-one advice to help you plan your future
- Enterprise competitions
Finding out more about options after your course
- There are lots of helpful resources and links to useful websites in our Creative Careers Resource Area
Careers and Enterprise related events and workshops
If you want to develop your CV, learn how to write a business plan, meet an employer and much more, CEE runs workshops, webinars, employer presentations and careers fairs to help you. Events run throughout the year, including during the summer vacation period. To find out more about current events and book your place check out Careerhub.
Need to talk to someone?
- Book a one-to-one appointment for a CV/cover letter/application form review, Linked In review, mock-interview, careers guidance or self-employment/freelancing support www.careerhub.herts.ac.uk
- Careers & Employment Drop-in service for CVs and cover letters. Speak to a Careers Adviser 12.00-2.00pm Monday-Friday in LB416 on College Lane or M018 at deHavilland. No appointment needed. Term-time only.
- The Careers Adviser for the School of Creative Arts is Jo Eaton (email@example.com)
Careers Employment and Enterprise on Social Media
Stay in the loop:
- UH Creatives LinkedIn group – creative industry news, jobs, internships and discussion
- Creative CareerView Twitter – creative industry news, jobs and internships
- CEE Facebook
- CEE LinkedIn
- CEE Twitter
Contact the Careers, Employment & Enterprise service.
Get in touch here. Don’t forget that we are open term-time and vacations and you can use our services for up to two years after graduation (three years for our enterprise services).