When considering any form of accredited work experience the tutor is expected to:
- agree the work experience and the learning to be undertaken
- prepare the student by going through the guidelines and the Work Experience Agreement Form
- prepare an Assignment Briefing Sheet indicating aspects related to assessment including records of learning / work undertaken
- identify what contact will need to be maintained, this should typically include 2 visits to the work place in a 12 month period
- identify arrangements to be made upon completion
- provide feedback on the assessment of the work experience
In the case of a full sandwich-placement organised independently of the Careers Employment and Enterprise Service, the company must be willing to be registered with the University as an approved placement provider. To attain this status, the appropriate Placement Tutor will discuss the suitability of the placement with the company and complete the “Company Audit Report (FEIS/PP01)” (available from the Careers, Employment and Enterprise Service).